Search the collections
Similar items over time
Digital Video Recording - 'Rosewood: Before and After the Fire', Black Saturday Bushfires, Bill Putt, Strathewen, 2009 Reg. No: HT 27071
- Bill Putt lives in Strathewen and is best known as one of the founding members of Australian progressive rock band Spectrum. In 2007 he composed a piece of music as a birthday gift for his partner, Rosemary McKimmie Young. After the Black Saturday bushfires of February 2009, during which Bill successfully defended their home 'Rosewood', he put together a montage of photos showing the house and its surrounds before and after Black Saturday. The birthday music was re-interpreted to become a love song for Rosewood, and a lament for all that was lost.
- DVD in plastic case with clear cover and purple back.
- Statement Of Significance:
- This video is more than a before-and-after record of the effect of the Black Saturday bushfires on one property. It is also a creative effort to record, through images and music, the emotional impact of the bushfires on those who lived through them.
- Description Of Content:
- Stills of the creator's home in Strathewen taken before and after the bushfires of February 2009, accompanied by original soundtrack recording with two guitars.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Rosemary McKimmie Young, 2010
|Tagged with:||music, bushfires, black saturday bushfires 2009|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Original Caption:||Rosewood: Before and after the Fire|
|Inscriptions:||In texta on disc:
Rosewood / Strathewen / D.V.D. D.V.D. / Before and after / the fire / Bill Putt 2009.
|Format:||Digital Video Disc: Colour; DVD|
|Creator:||Mr Bill Putt, Strathewen, Victoria, Australia, 07 Feb 2009|
|Composer:||Mr Bill Putt|