Search the collections
Bench Seat - Servants' Hall, Dolls' House, 'Pendle Hall', 1940s Reg. No: HT 27440
- Bench seat from Room 5 - Servants' Hall, Basement, Central, Pendle Hall. From back wall under stairs.
It was created by Felicity Clemons as part of a 40 project to create a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country dolls' house. The project began in the 1940's when Felicity's daughter, Antonia, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall. Although some items were purchased during shopping trips to Melbourne, the majority of furnishings were constructed by Felicity's own hands, using numerous reference books and magazines.
- Wooden chair with a storage compartment under the seat area.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation, 2010
|Dimensions:||88 mm (Height), 72 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||crafts, furniture, doll houses, british history|
|Themes this item is part of:||Pendle Hall Dolls' House, Pendle Hall Dolls' House - Room 5 Servant's Hall, Childhood & Youth Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Leisure Collection|
|Primary Classification:||GAMES & TOYS|
|Secondary Classification:||Dolls' Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||dolls' houses|
|Maker:||Mrs Felicity Clemons, Tasmania, Australia, 1940-1980|