Search the collections
Mug - Women on Farms Gathering, Warragul, 2009 Reg. No: HT 27595
- Glazed ceramic mug given to all participants at the 2009 Warragul Women on Farms Gathering.
The mug is a very practical recurring ritual of the Gatherings, whereby each participant is given a mug and must then use it for all catering events over the weekend, thus eliminating the need to hire extra crockery and someone to wash-up. It is also a souvenir to take home, reminding the participant of the Gathering weekend.
- Blue glazed mug with gold stamped words and windmill logo.
- Statement Of Significance:
- The 20th anniversary Women on Farms Gathering was held at Warragul, the location of the first and 10th gatherings. The theme was 'Celebrate Women Farming' and 'Water Our Future', with a windmill as the logo. The 20th gathering covered a range of topics and subjects including: sustainable farming families, permaculture, chain saw know-how and maintenance, water management trends in Victoria, self care, tai chi, yoga, folk art and patchwork. It represented both the interest in contemporary agricultural issues and the need to provide opportunities for relaxation and rejuvenation for rural women. The souvenirs provided to all participants were in the tradition of previous gatherings and offered practical benefits to the recipients.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Ms Liza Dale-Hallett - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions
|Dimensions:||118 mm (Height), 88 mm (Diameter)|
|Tagged with:||agriculture, rural victoria, rural life, work, community groups, community organisations, gender roles, rural women, women on farms gatherings, farming information, agricultural farming organisations, mugs|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Rosa Wedmore, WoFG Volunteer, 2009 Warragul WoFG|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Inscriptions:||Text: 'Women on Farms 2009 Gathering / Warragul'|
|Commissioned By:||Women on Farms, West Gippsland, Warragul, West Gippsland, Victoria, Australia, May 2009|
|Place & Date of Event:||Warragul, Gippsland, Victoria, Australia, 2009|