Search the collections
History Board - Women on Farms Gathering, Berriwillock, 2008 Reg. No: HT 27617
- Compiled by Allison Watson, the chairperson of the organising committee for the Berriwillock Women on Farms Gathering in 2008. It features images and text which illustrate the highlights of this gathering and reflect the key theme of 'Back to Basics - Women Opening the Gates to Agriculture'.
Following the first history display at the North East Gathering in 2001, subsequent organising committees created their own history boards to illustrate the highlights of their particular gathering. These were displayed as part of a the larger collection of history boards at many gatherings.
- Foam cardboard poster. Colour photographs and text provide a visual summary of the Berriwillock Women on Farms Gathering.
- Statement Of Significance:
- The 19th Women on Farms Gathering was held in Berriwillock at the Berriwillock Town Hall, April 4-6 2008. These key objects, icons and documents reflect both the continued traditions of the Gathering and the unique flavour this small mallee community bought to the gathering tradition. The theme for Berriwillock was 'Back to Basics' with a spirit of 'women opening the gates', and featured said gates as its logo. The committee received its inspiration for the theme and logo from the nature of their town and community. Unable to promise fancy facilities or accommodation they hoped to share what they had in the spirit of friendship and community.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Allison Watson - Women on Farms Gathering Committee - Berriwillock, 2010
|Dimensions:||5 mm (Height), 498 mm (Width), 766 mm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||agriculture, rural life, gender issues, work, display boards, rural women, farming information|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Tertiary Classification:||exhibition heritage|
|Inscriptions:||Main heading reads: 'Back to Basics - Women Opening the Gates to Agriculture'.|
|Organiser of Event:||Women on Farms Gathering Committee - Berriwillock, Berriwillock, Mallee, Victoria, Australia, 2008|
|Assembler:||Allison Watson - Women on Farms Gathering Committee - Berriwillock, Berriwillock, Mallee, Victoria, Australia, 2008|