Search the collections
Badge - 2009 Bushfire Campaign, Commemorative Victorian Public Service, Ability Badges, 2009 Reg. No: HT 27625
- Metal badge depicting flame, the Southern Cross and wording VICTORIAN BUSHFIRES 2009. The badge was sent to all members of the Victorian public service who were involved in some way in the response to the 2009 Victorian bushfires, either during the fires themselves or in the aftermath. This badge was posted to Dr Chris Lassig, who works for the Department of Sustainability and Environment in bushfire prevention. In an accompanying letter the Victorian Premier, John Brumby, asked him to 'wear it with pride'.
- Metal badge with pin and clasp, printed in black red, yellow, blue and silver depicting flame, the southern cross and wording VICTORIAN BUSHFIRES 2009.
- Statement Of Significance:
- Natural disasters frequently bring out military metaphors. This badge is significant because it echoes the tradition of recognising participation in military campaigns with a pin or medal and connects the bushfires with broader concerns of national security.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Dr Chris Lassig, 2010
|Dimensions:||30 mm (Width), 35 mm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||bushfires, bushfire prevention, commemorative medals, public service|
|Themes this item is part of:||Public Life & Institutions Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
VICTORIAN BUSHFIRES 2009
Ability Badges / 1300 305 056
|Recipient:||Dr Christopher Lassig - Department of Sustainability and Environment Organisational Risk Information & Business Technology, Australia, 2009|
|Issued By:||State Government of Victoria, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 2009|