Search the collections
Photograph - Millicer Air Tourer VH-FMM Prototype, Moorabbin Airport, Victoria, 1959 Reg. No: MM 112473
- Air Tourer prototype (Mk 1) made in Australia by Ultra Light Aircraft Association of Australia, 1959. This monoplane was designed by a team led by Henry K. Millicer. Two seat single engine cantilever low wing monoplane of wooden construction. Continental A-65 engine is fitted. Paint work is yellow and white with black lining. Ten piece Perspex canopy fitted. Civil registration marking on tail "VH- FMM". The design was later put into production by the Victa Aviation Division at Bankstown, NSW as the Victa Airtourer.
The Museum received the wooden prototype VH-FMM as a donation in 1977.
Part of a collection of photographs, negatives and slides used for research by curators at Museum Victoria.
- Black and white silver gelatin photograph.
- Description Of Content:
- Side view of the Millicer Air Tourer prototype aeroplane featuring the civil registration VH-FMM on the tail.
- Source: Museum Victoria
|Dimensions:||205 mm (Height), 254 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||museum history, aeroplanes, mechanical engineering, aircraft, air transport, museums, aviation pioneers|
|Themes this item is part of:||Millicer Air Tourer Prototype VH-FMM, Engineering Collection, Images & Image Making Collection, Transport Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AIR TRANSPORT|
|Tertiary Classification:||propeller aircraft - experimental|
|Inscriptions:||Hand written in grey pencil on back of photograph: 'ORIGINAL AIRTOURER FMM WITH 65 HP CONT'.L / MOORABBIN, APRIL 1959 / THE ORIGINAL AILERON MASS BALANCE / ON TOP OF AILERON TIPS'|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Manufacturer:||Ultra Light Aircraft Association of Australia, Newport, Victoria, Australia, circa 1959|
|Designer:||Mr Henry Millicer, Victoria, Australia, 1952|
|Other Association (See Comments):||Victa Consolidated Industries Pty Ltd, Milperra, New South Wales, Australia
Subsequent manufacturer, 1961-1969.
|Place & Date Depicted:||Moorabbin Airport, Victoria, Australia, 1959|