Search the collections
Photograph - Massey Ferguson, Wyeera Training Centre, St Albans, Victoria, circa 1966 Reg. No: MM 118473
- Black and white photograph of Wyeera Training Centre, circa 1966.
This image is part of a collection of photographs, moving film, artefacts, documents and trade literature relating to Massey Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd. The Australian operations of this company were originally founded as Hugh V. McKay in the 1890s. In 1930 it merged with Massey Harris's Australian operations to become H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd. In 1955, this company was in turn absorbed into the Massey-Ferguson global entity becoming Massey Ferguson (Aust.) Limited.
- Black and white photograph
- Description Of Content:
- Group of men at the Massey Ferguson 'Wyeera Educational Centre', St Albans, receiving instruction on the correct use of the 66 mouldboard plough. Names of those in photograph, left to right: Allan Daust, Wally Barber, Michael Cottrell, Peter Crouch, Don Legge, Norm Hancock, Barry Hood, A. Collins.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Massey Ferguson Iseki Australia Ltd
|Dimensions:||165 mm (Height), 215 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||agriculture, training, education training, tractors, students, staff, industrial machines|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Agricultural & Horticultural Equipment|
|Tertiary Classification:||training & education|
|Inscriptions:||Hand written on rear: 'A. Collins, 'Wyeera'; Norm Hancock, Wyeera; Peter Crouch, Maitland NSW; Barry Hood, Sydney Branch; Don Legge, Bulaldelah; Michael Cottrell, Delegate; Wally Barber, Macksville; Allan Daust, Dorrigo. / Receiving instruction on the correct use of the 66 mouldboard plough'.|
|People Depicted:||Crouch, Peter; Collins, A.; Hood, Barry; Legge, Don; Cottrell, Michael; Barber, Wally; Daust, Allan; Hancock, Norm|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||St Albans, Victoria, Australia, circa 1966|
|Commissioned By:||Massey-Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd, St Albans, Victoria, Australia, circa 1966|