Search the collections
Similar items over time
Photograph - Massey Ferguson, Wyeera Training Centre, St Albans, Victoria, circa 1966 Reg. No: MM 118475
- Black and white photograph of Wyeera Training Centre, circa 1966.
This image is part of a collection of photographs, moving film, artefacts, documents and trade literature relating to Massey Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd. The Australian operations of this company were originally founded as Hugh V. McKay in the 1890s. In 1930 it merged with Massey Harris's Australian operations to become H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd. In 1955, this company was in turn absorbed into the Massey-Ferguson global entity becoming Massey Ferguson (Aust.) Limited.
- Black and white photograph
- Description Of Content:
- Group of men at the Massey Ferguson 'Wyeera Educational Centre', St Albans, watching a demonstration of ploughing with a MF165 tractor and 3 furrow 65 plough. The names of those in the photograph, from left to right: Allan Daust, Dorrigo; Don Legge, Bulaldelah; Wal Barber, Macksville; A. Collins, 'Wyeera'; Peter Crouch, Maitland, NSW.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Massey Ferguson Iseki Australia Ltd
|Dimensions:||165 mm (Height), 215 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||agriculture, training, education training, tractors, students, staff, industrial machines|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Agricultural & Horticultural Equipment|
|Tertiary Classification:||training & education|
|Inscriptions:||Hand written on rear: 'Allan Daust, Dorrigo; Don Legge, Bulaldelah; Wal Barber, Macksville; A. Collins, 'Wyeera'; Peter Crouch, Maitland, NSW on tractor.' 'Ploughing with a MF165 tractor and 3 furrow 65 plough'. 'HO 1199/66 120# 3 3/4" wide'.|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||St Albans, Victoria, Australia, circa 1966|
|Commissioned By:||Massey-Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd, St Albans, Victoria, Australia, circa 1966|