Search the collections
Similar items over time
Photograph - Employees of Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richomnd, Victoria, Christmas 1932 Reg. No: MM 114822
- Group photograph of the managers and employees of Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Christmas 1932. The photo was probably taken at nearby Studley Park.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Sepia toned photograph on paper mounted on cream backing board.
- Description Of Content:
- The Employees of Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd in a group portrait taken at Christmas 1932.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1994
|Dimensions:||455 mm (Height), 504 mm (Width)|
|Dimension Comment:||Dimensions of mount board,|
|Tagged with:||trades, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Inscriptions:||Printed in white on base of photograph: 'The Employees of Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Christmas 1932'.
Signed in pencil below the photograph at bottom right: 'Dickinson Monteath'.
|Organisation Depicted:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Victoria, Australia, Dec 1932|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection