Search the collections
Similar items over time
Continuity Folder - `The Mystery of A Hansom Cab', Burberry Entertainment, 2012 Reg. No: HT 32998
- Continuity folder used in the production of `The Mystery of a Hansom Cab' telemovie, filmed in Melbourne in 2012 by local production company Burberry Entertainment.
It was assembled by the film's wardrobe staff, and was used during filming to guide the costuming for the various characters involved in the production.
The film is based on the book of the same name, self published in 1886 by its author Fergus Hume. It was produced by Margot McDonald and directed by Shawn Seet.
Televised on the ABC in October 2012.
- Red lever arched A4 folder containing a large number of sheets, each containing a break down of each major characters costume change, along with photographs of each change.
- Statement Of Significance:
- `The Mystery of a Hansom Cab' collection, of which this object is a part, is an important addition to the current collection, as it succinctly documents one local television production, through artefacts and documentation. It represents the thousands of hours of television that have been filmed in Melbourne since its introduction in 1956. It is also a great representation of how the city's history has been portrayed on screen.
It represents literary Melbourne, as a screen adaptation of one of our most iconic and successful 19th Century books; a book which uses the city, its streets and its buildings as one of its characters.
The handmade costumes, the majority of which were made in Melbourne, represent the output of the city's bespoke tailors and clothing manufacturers, a small number which still exist today.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Burberry Entertainment, 2012
|Tagged with:||headwear, australian television industry, crime, performers, television production, literature, tailoring, television industry|
|Themes this item is part of:||Clothing & Textiles Collection, Information & Communication Collection, Leisure Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Television Programming & Production|
|Designer:||Ms Wendy Cork, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 2011-2012|
|User:||Burberry Entertainment, South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 2012|