Search the collections
Suit - Prue Acton, Black Wool, `Rich Hippy', 1971 Reg. No: SH 942147
- This suit was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1975. It was originally worn by the donor.
It was later worn by a model at the donor's 25th anniversary parade in 1988.
- Two piece outfit consisting of a black woollen skirt and jacket:
(1) Black woollen A-line skirt. The lower skirt is appliqued with furnishing braid and tassels surround the hemline.
(2) Short-sleeved matching jacket with braid trimming on all edges. The front is fastened with 3 small gold chains and six tassels. Lining for both garments is black rayon.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimensions:||71.00 cm (Height)|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, women s clothing, making history - prue acton, innovation design|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Label inside back of jacket: 34|
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1971|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1971|
|User:||Prue Acton, Australia, 1971 or later|