Search the collections
Raincoat & Mittens - Prue Acton, Fox Fur, 1980 Reg. No: SH 942417
- This raincoat and mittens set was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1980.
A similar garment was part of the costumes worn by American actress Barbara Parkins in the Australian film ' Breakfast in Paris', released in 1981. Parkins, who played the leading female role, loved the clothes and asked to keep them for herself to "show off around the world".
- Clothing set consisting of a pant suit and mittens:
(1) Waterproof chintz short jacket in camel colour with fox fur trimmed hood and fox tail attached to centre front zipper (currently unattached). The jacket has a drawstring waist. Lined with check brushed cotton fabric in browns. .2
(2) Pair of women's ski pants in matching cotton chintz with elasticised stirrups under the feet. Fastened at front with zip and hook.
(3) Mittems to match above trimmed with fox fur and attached to rouleau strap which hangs around neck of jacket.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimensions:||107.00 cm (Height)|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, films, furs|
|Themes this item is part of:||Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- )|
|Inscriptions:||Labels sewn inside centre back of jacket: 2, 15, 19, 56|
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1980|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1980|