Search the collections
Skirt & Petticoat - Prue Acton, Bronze Flecked, 1980 Reg. No: SH 942405
- This skirt was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1980. Made from a Spanish fabric.
A similar garment was part of the costumes worn by American actress Barbara Parkins in the Australian film ' Breakfast in Paris', released in 1981. Parkins, who played the leading female role, loved the clothes and asked to keep them for herself to "show off around the world".
- Two piece set consisting of a skirt and petticoat:
(1) Very full cut above-the-ankle length evening skirt in bronze coloured silk and gold lurex. Lurex side is turned inside, so outside colour is predominantly bronze with gold flecks. Underskirt in bronze silk. Fastened at back with zip and hook-and-eyes on waistband. NB: Black elastic strip detached.
(2) Very full petticoat in 3 tiers. Top tier of bronze silk is attached to elasticized waist. Next level is coffee coloured netting. Bottom tier shows gold lame.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimensions:||80.00 cm (Height)|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, films, making history - prue acton, innovation design|
|Themes this item is part of:||Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- )|
|Inscriptions:||Fabric labels sewn inside back of waistband: 1, 11, 12, 122|
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1980|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1980|