Search the collections
Jacket & Skirt - Prue Acton, Coloured Faux Reptile, 1986 Reg. No: SH 942421
- Summary for Parent Object
Made By: Prue Acton P/L and/or contractors, 1985 - 1990
Used: Melbourne ,Victoria ,Australia ,1985 ,1985 - 1990
Worn by donor. Same design as brown faux reptile outfit worn to 1986 Melbourne Cup by donor. (which has zip at front) See skirt 94.2478 in collection.
- Two piece women's skirt suit in faux reptile fabric coloured in different shades of brown and grey:
(1) Collarless long-sleeved jacket, fitted, fastening at front with hook-and-eye. Big shoulder pads inside shoulders.
(2) Straight cut knee-length skirt. Fastened at backk with zip and metal clasp. Slit at lower back.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimensions:||67.00 cm (Height)|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, making history - prue acton, innovation design|
|Themes this item is part of:||Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- )|
|Inscriptions:||Fabric labels sewn inside back of neck: 1,4,7,9
Fabric labels sewn into back of waist: 2, 4, 7, 9
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1985|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1985|
|User:||Prue Acton, 1985 or later|