Search the collections
Suit - Prue Acton, Mini, Burgundy, 1965 Reg. No: SH 942005
- This suit was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1965. It was owned and worn by the donor. A similar suit is photographed in an article in The Sun Newspaper dated 11th October, 1965, entitled `Dancing at the Discotheque'.
- The suit consists of a linen mini jacket and mini skirt.
(1) Burgundy linen fitted suit jacket with cream coloured lace collar and sleeve cuffs. One of the three small metal and pearl buttons fastening the front is missing, as is the buckled belt. The lining is burgundy polyester.
(2) Burgundy linen mini straight hipster skirt with zippered back fastening.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimension Comment:||.1 Jacket 56cm in length, .2 Skirt 58cms in length|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, women s clothing, making history - prue acton|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Label inside back collar of jacket, and inside back waist of skirt: Prue Acton/ AUSTRALIA
Label upper centre back on jacket: 46 & 47,
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1965|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1965|
|User:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1965 or later|