Search the collections
Similar items over time
Suit - Prue Acton, Tan Suede, 1971 Reg. No: SH 942038
- This coat was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1971, from Geppetto leather produced in Melbourne. It was advertised in 'Dolly' magazine in April 1971, p. 63, worn under rolled- neck jumper . Its original retail price was $56.
- This outfit consists of a suede top and skirt:
(1) Short-sleeved collarless tan suede top featuring "bull's - eye" suede applique on each sleeve. The jacket is fastened with eight wooden bu buttons from neck to hem.
(2) A-line suede leather midi-length skirt featuring "bull's eye" and zig-zag appliques at hemline. Skirt is tan coloured.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimensions:||61.00 cm (Height)|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, women s clothing, making history - prue acton|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Label inside back collar and inside back waistband: Prue Acton/ AUSTRALIA
Label inside back waistline: GEPPETTO/100% GENUINE LEATHER/MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA.
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1971|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1971|