Search the collections
Suit - Prue Acton, Paisley, circa 1986 Reg. No: SH 942069
- This suit was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L circa 1986. The paisley range designed by Prue Acton and Merrill Clarke around fabrics purchased in Germany. According to the donor, shoulder pads were a typical feature of women's clothes, such as this, in the 1980s, often associated with the 'Corporate Woman' look.
- Woman's skirt suit with sash in 'Paisley' range.
(1) Long sleeved double breasted, fitted hip-length jacket in blue and turquoise paisley fabric, with contrasting green herringbone on collar and back.Two buttons fasten the front, with 3 buttons on each sleeve, and 2 spares sewn inside right front. Jacket is lined with green polyester and has large shoulder pads.
(2) Straight cut below-the-knee skirt in teal green.Skirt has pleated panel at centre lower back, topped with decorative fabric strip and buttons. Lined in green polyester, and fastened at back with zip and metal hook.
(3) Fabric sash/belt in turquoise on one side and patterned in navy, burgundy and turquoise on the other. Pleated langthwise in centre.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimension Comment:||.1 L = 59cm , .2 L = 83cm, .3 L = 102.5cm|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, women s clothing|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Inscriptions:||(1) Labels sewn into back of collar: 1, 11, 15, 16, 17; No. 15 is inscribed on reverse in blue ink: 2508/ 951/ 981/ B. .
(2) Labels: 1, 11; black on white "SIZE 12", sewn into back of waist
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1985-1987|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1985-1987|