Search the collections
Skirt & Waistcoat - Prue Acton, Gallery Prints, Australian Wool Corporation, 1983 Reg. No: SH 942092
- This outfit was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1983. It was specially designed for the Gallery Prints Collection promoted by the Australian Wool Corporation. Seven Australian designers participated and recreated designs from the French and English designs of the 19th Century.
It has its original swing tags, which describe the collection.
- Beige wool outfit consisting of a skirt and waistcoat:
(1) Beige wool mid calf length skirt. The hipline is printed in large navy paisley design known as 'The Gallery Print'. The skirt is loosely gathered and the waistband is piped in olive and black.
(2) Matching waistcoat is edged in quilted beige and minute navy paisley print. The front, shoulderline and upper back feature the large paisley print design in navy.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimensions:||79.00 cm (Height)|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, women s clothing, wool, making history - prue acton, innovation design|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Labels inside skirt waistband: 2/ 15/ 18
Black on white 'Original Handcrafted "Prue Acton Fabric" This is an original handcrafted fabric print and therefore slight variations may occur in the printing process.
Labels in waistcoat: 2/ 15/ 16 plus handcrafted warning as for skirt.
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1983|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1983|