Search the collections
Dress - Prue Acton, Evening, `Broomstick Party Wear', Powder Blue, 1982 Reg. No: SH 942088
- This dress was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1982. The fabric was known as 'broomstick' design, produced by wrapping silk around broom handle and steaming. It was part of the 'Party Wear 1982' range developed from Prue Acton's 1981 Melbourne Cup outfit. Range was based on the Romantic look, with colours of pewter, black, white and blue.
This example was later worn at Donor's 25 Anniversary Parade.
- This outfit consist of a powder blu dress and self covered belt:
(1) Powder blue coloured evening dress in roughly pleated fabric with large ruffled stand-up collar. Dress is sleeveless with ruffles at shoulder, the neck line is 'V'-shaped to waist and bodice has wide shirring. The skirt is ankle length and bordered with a ruffle and flounce. The dress is fastened at back by a short zip at waist level.
(2) Matching belt is pleated and shirred. It is fastened with 4 self colvered buttons and loops.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimensions:||129.00 cm (Height)|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, women s clothing, prue acton, making history - prue acton, innovation design|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Labels on back of neck: 15/ 8/ 29|
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1982|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1982|