Search the collections
Suit - Prue Acton, White Rayon Linen, 1988 Reg. No: SH 942056
- This suit was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1988. It was worn by donor for a Vogue magazine joint promotion with Holden 'Piazza' car, with silver shoes (SH 942057) and silver earrings (SH 942058.) The donor also stated she also crocodile shoes with the suit for normal day wear.
According to the donor, it was oart of range developed from Prue Acton's 1988 Melbourne Cup outfit. Theme is 'Scrunch and Drape' creating shape and texture with fabric. The 'Status suit' range represented the rise of the corporate woman in the 1980s. Large shoulder pads typical feature.
- This outfit consists of a white rayon/linen blended top and skirt:
(1) White rayon-linen collarless jacket with pleated sash draped from left shoulder secured at right side of waistline and hanging in folds to jacket hemline. Jacket front is wrap around fastened with hooks and eyes and buttons. Therer is a breast pocket on the right side. Lining is white polyester with large shoulder pads.
(2) Matching straight skirt, below knee in length with inverted v-shaped split at lower centre back. The skirt is lined with white polyester.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimension Comment:||Length Jacket 62 cms, Skirt 67 cms|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, women s clothing|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Labels inside back collar of jacket: 2, 11
Skirt has woven label black on white "Prue Acton [logo] [repeated]"
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1988|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1988|
|User:||Ms Prue Acton, 1988 or later|