Search the collections
Skirt & Top - Prue Acton, `Gardening', Multi-Coloured, 1971-1972 Reg. No: SH 942029
- This outfit was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1971-1972. According to donor, it was made from left-over fabrics which had not sold well. This was apparently very popular and referred to as 'Gardening' clothes.
- This outfit consists of a multi-coloured top and skirt:
(1) Midriff top tied at front in patches. The back is navy and green batik print. The left front is red and the right a small floral print of red, yellow and green on black. The cap sleeves are ruffled, left is lime green and the right is blue.
(2) Button through ankle length skirt in navy and green batik and features a large applique on the left side of floral print with birds in lime green and blue, bound in black.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimension Comment:||.1 46cm shoulder to tie .2 98 cm in length|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, women s clothing, making history - prue acton|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Label inside back collar and inside back waistband: Prue Acton/ AUSTRALIA
Labels insided top and inside skirt: 35, 50
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1971-1972|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1971-1972|