Search the collections
Evening Outfit - Prue Acton, Grey Silk, 1983 Reg. No: SH 942090
- This outfit was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1983. It was worn by the donor at the relaunch of her cosmetics range by Wella in 1983. it was occasionally worn with the shell necklace in the Museum's collection (SH 942091.)
A ballgown was designed for the Miss Universe contestant that year with same motif.
- Grey and Silver silk outfit consisting of a top, skirt, bel and ornament(possibly for hair):
(1) Short sleeved fitted top buttoning at the front and decorated with wide braided panels containging shiny plastic trim. The neckline is scalloped and the lining is grey polyester with large shoulder pads.
(2) Grey silk tiered skirt. The fabric is roughly pleated in "Broomstick' style. Each tier is separated by padded bands covered in a grey silver fabric. The top tier is fitted and the waistband is fastened with 2 hooks, eyes and zipper.
(3) Matching belt consists of double thickness of silver grey fabric tapered at the ends and attached to silver plaited cords which are knotted at the ends and half way.
(4) Decorative matching wing-shaped ornament and decorated to match top panels.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimension Comment:||Length of top 61cms; skirt 79 cms; belt 341 cms; Ornament 19 cms|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, women s clothing, making history - prue acton, innovation design|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Labels on top: 2/ 11/ 5/ 33/ 24
Labels for skirt: 2/ 11/ 8/ 5/ 24
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1983|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1983|
|User:||Prue Acton, 1983 or later|