Search the collections
Jacket & Pants - Prue Acton, `Gone Troppo', Printed Silk, 1985 Reg. No: SH 942080
- This outfit was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1985, from printed sik designed by textile artist Deborah Leser. Part of the range developed from Prue Acton's 1985 Melbourne Cup outfit 'Stained Glass'. The emphasis was on colour.
- Two piece printed silk outfit:
(1) Reversible white terrytowel/cotton jacket featuring Debbie Leser print on back, sleeves and front inserts. Collar and front opening are bound in blue. Print is white with geometric design in green, yellow, purple and pink.The sleeves and cuffs are attached with white ribbed knit fabric. Lower sides of the jacket are split, and a pocket is on the front right.
(2) Reversible pants in matching print to jacket. Rib knit waistband and ankles.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimension Comment:||.1 L = 95cm, .2 L = 108cm|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, women s clothing, making history - prue acton|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Label sewn onto outside of jacket UB, printed in green and pink on white fabric "SIGNED....Prue Acton"|
|Artist:||Ms Deborah Leser, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 1985|
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1985|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1985|