Search the collections
Overshirt & Skirt - Prue Acton, `Flying Fruit', Printed Silk, 1985 Reg. No: SH 942076
- This outfit was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1985, from printed sik designed by textile artist Deborah Leser. These examples were worn by the donor. Part of the range developed from Prue Acton's 1985 Melbourne Cup outfit 'Stained Glass'. The emphasis was on colour. The Flying Fruit range had 50 interchangeable pieces.
- Two-piece resort-wear outfit of silk printed in a design by Debbie Leser - brightly coloured life-sized pineapples, bananas, watermelons and apples on a bright blue background, entitled 'Flying Fruit'.
(1) Long-sleeved overshirt has a high rounded neckline, dropped shoulder line, set in sleeves and cuffs fastened with 2 grey buttons. The front opens from neck to tailand fastenens with 6 grey buttons. The back features a yoke and from the .... back is split to tail.. The sides are split from underarm to curving tail.
(2) Ankle-length straight wrap-around skirt with waistband. Side fastening, ties extend from the waistband.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimension Comment:||.1 L = 79cm, .2 L = 83cm|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, women s clothing, making history - prue acton|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Labels sewn inside skirt under waistband, CB: 2, 5, 7, 11
The phrases "by Deborah Leser" and "Flying Fruit" are part of the fabric design.Inscribed in white, whole or partially at various angles throughout both garments.
|Artist:||Ms Deborah Leser, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 1985|
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1985|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1985|
|User:||Ms Prue Acton, 1985 or later|