Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Original Owner Mordialloc, Australia
Photograph - Cups Won by Phar Lap, Framed, 1930 Reg. No: SH 990743
- Framed hand coloured photograph depicts three of the trophies won by champion race horse Phar Lap in 1930, including the King's Cup, the Cox Plate and the Melbourne Cup. It belonged to the family of his trainer Harry Telford family, and was amongst a number of items donated to the museum by them in the 1990s.
- Rectangular black and white photograph, depicting three sporting trophies, which has been hand coloured. Around the photograph is a light brown coloured mount, which has hand written text along the bottom. The photograph has been framed in a brown wood frame with a glass covering. The backing of the frame has been replaced.
- Description Of Content:
- Rectangular black and white photograph, depicting three sporting trophies, which has been hand coloured
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mrs Nancy Telford, 1999
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||430 mm (Height), 540 mm (Width), 20 mm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||awards, horse racing, melbourne cup racing carnival, trophies, making history - phar lap|
|Themes this item is part of:||Harry Telford, Race Horse Owner & Trainer (1877-1960), Phar Lap, Champion Race Horse (1926-1932), David Davis, Entrepreneur & Race Horse Owner, Leisure Collection, Phar Lap Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Horse Racing|
|Inscriptions:||Hand written along bottom of mount: The King's Cup/ Morphettville/ 1930/ Presented by/ H.M. King George V/ The Melbourne Cup/ Flemington/ 1930/ Cups Won by/ PHAR LAP/ The W.S. Cox Plate/ Moonee Valley/ 1930/ Owned & Trained/ by Mr H.R. Telford|
|Original Owner:||Harry Telford, Mordialloc, Victoria, Australia, 1930 or later|