Search the collections
Jumpsuit & Jacket - Prue Acton, Cream Daisy Pattern, 1969 Reg. No: SH 942381
- This jumpsuit and jacket were designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1969 for Joseph Aschlapfer fabric. Space Age look used daisy logo motif (also on vinyl outfit 94.2401). Beginning of transparent look.
Worn by donor and her cousin Gaye. Similar outfit made for model Veruschka (with a circle pattern, rather than daisies), seen in Vogue magazine Oct. 1969.
Original retail cost was $60.
- Two piece outfit consisting of a jumpsuit and jacket:
(1) Cream coloured, long-sleeved jumpsuit with transparent bodice and sleeves, with daisy patterned crepe below the waist. Two daisy patterned pockets over breasts. Front opening fastened by zip.
(2) Matching cropped jacket in daisy covered crepe. Front opening is fastened by one hook-and-eye at top. Peter Pan collar.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimensions:||144.00 cm (Height)|
|Dimension Comment:||.2: 54.00|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, making history - prue acton, innovation design|
|Themes this item is part of:||Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- )|
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1969|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1968|
|User:||Ms Prue Acton, 1969 or later|