Search the collections
Certificate - Vaccination, Issued to Barbara Condurateanu, 10 Mar 1950 Reg. No: HT 589
- Booklet Certificate with official record of vaccination issued to Barbara Condurateanu on 10 March 1950, to allow her to immigrate to Australia. It was issued by the International Refugee Organisation. The booklet was published by IRO Atar S A Arts graphiques in Geneva.
Barbara Condurateanu was a Romanian refugee who spent World War II in a Russian POW camp and being repatriated back to Romania, when she caught the wrong train and ended up in a German Displaced Persons camp. In the camp she met fellow Romanian refugee Nicolae Condurateanu, who had spent World War II in a German POW camp. The couple married in 1948 at the A1 Heetre Camp and immigrated to Australia in 1950, where Nicolae worked in a Tea factory and Barbara at the Four and Twenty Pie factory. They had no family in Australia and had to rely on each other for support eventually purchasing a house and establishing a life in their new country.
- 10 page booklet printed with extensive text on brown paper, with text in English and French. Personal details and signatures filled out in black ink.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Carla Lolicato, 2001
|Dimensions:||14.90 cm (Height), 10.40 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||immigration, displaced persons, migrant hostels, migrant camps, migrant reception centres, romanian communities, romanian immigration|
|Themes this item is part of:||Migration Collection, Transport Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Processing - Planning & Departure|
|Tertiary Classification:||medical records|
|Inscriptions:||Text: UNITED NATIONS / WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION / INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE OF INOCULATION AND VACCINATION / ISSUED BY THE INTERNATIONAL REFUGEE ORGANIZATION/ Stamp: II DPACCS AURICM BAOR 25 Includes: extensive text|
|Publisher:||IRO Atar S A Arts graphiques Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland, 1950|
|Issued By:||International Refugee Organization, Germany, 10 Mar 1950|
|Issued To:||Barbara Condurateanu, Germany, 10 Mar 1950|