Booklet - `The Record Breaker, Phar Lap, Greatest of all Race Horses', New Century Press, 1932 Reg. No: SH 001102
- Booklet published and placed on sale within a few days of Phar Lap's death on 5th April, 1932.
It was written by Jack Spinty, a leading Sydney racing writer, and includes a foreword entitled `A Foreword Written in Sorrow'.
- A rectangular booklet consisting of 32 double sided white paper pages, printed with extensive black text, black and white photos and line drawings. It has a glossy paper front and back cover, which is attached by two metal staples.
- Statement Of Significance:
- This book evidences the esteem and affection that people felt for Phar Lap, and, by inference, the overwhelming sense of loss that struck the nation with news of the champion's death.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Dr David Smith - ImaginAction Pty Ltd, 2000
|Dimensions:||21.50 cm (Height), 0.30 cm (Width), 14.30 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||horse racing, racing industry, recreation, sport, horses, making history - phar lap|
|Themes this item is part of:||Leisure Collection, Phar Lap Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Horse Racing|
|Inscriptions:||Printed on front cover: THE RECORD BREAKER/ PHAR LAP/ GREATEST/ OF ALL RACE HORSES/ PRICE ONE SHILLING|
|Publisher:||New Century Press Limited, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 1932|
|Place & Date Used:||Australia, 1932 or later|