Similar items over time

Owner's Certificate - Motor Car, Issued by Government of Victoria, 1947 Document Reg. No: HT 870

Owner's Certificate for a Motor Car used by Gyula Toth, and first issued by the Government of Victoria in 1947. In 1957 Julius came to Australia after he escaped the Russian invasion of Hungary. Leaving his family in Hungary, he survived a dangerous journey alone to escape across the border to Austria. He was only able to bring a few possessions with him including his moulding tools, cigarette holder and photo album, which were 18th birthday presents from a sister and friend.
Fold out leaflet on white paper with extensive typed black text and details stamped in black or purple ink.
Acquisition Information:
Donation from Mr Julius Toth, 2001
Discipline: History
Dimensions: 19.10 cm (Height), 9.90 cm (Length)

More information

Tagged with: working life, immigration, employment, employees, hungarian communities, hungarian immigration, working hours
Themes this item is part of: Migration Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Transport Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection
Primary Classification: MIGRATION
Secondary Classification: Settlement - Banking & Finance
Tertiary Classification: financial records
Inscriptions: Text: GOVERNMENT OF VICTORIA/OWNER'S CERTIFICATE/OF/MOTOR CAR DESCRIBED HEREIN./IMPORTANT./Owner's Certificates are issued/as a safeguard against the/disposal of stolen cars./Please co-operate with the Police/by reading and complying with/the Instructions printed on/the back hereof./Issued at/THE MOTOR REGISTRATION BRANCH/Exhibition Buildings, Rathdown Street,/CARLTON, N.3.
Printer: J. Gourley - J.J. Gourley, Government Printer, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, circa 1947
User: Mr Julius Toth, Clayton, Victoria, Australia, circa 1958

Add your comment

  • Museum Victoria does not provide valuations, for more information please visit the valuation infosheet
  • Please note that Museum Victoria staff will not normally respond to comments posted on our website.
Yes No