Food Safe - Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, 1939-1990 Reg. No: SH 921108
- Wood and wire mesh, blue painted, food safe or meat safe. Used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, either in the shop or by the owners in the residence behind.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- A box shape, wood and wire mesh food safe, painted blue.
FRONT and SIDES: wire mesh attached to wooden frame, wooden panels covering tacks. DOOR - 2 hinges at right. Spring action lock middle left. HANDLE - knob, middle left.
BACK: single panel, painted blue.
INTERIOR: unpainted. Shelf at middle made of 5 wooden slats. Shelf and base covered in pieces of newspaper, from 1990.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||47 cm (Height), 47 cm (Width), 37 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||food storage preservation, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Food Storage, Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Tertiary Classification:||food & drink storage|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, 1939-1990|