Search the collections
Webbed Forks - Metal, circa 1940 Reg. No: SH 850167
- Set of three webbed forks used by patients in a mental health hospital in Victoria, Australia, circa 1940. It was believed that webbing reduced the chances of accidental or self-inflicted injury.
- Set of three webbed forks with blunt prongs.
- Statement Of Significance:
- Example of dining utensils used in mental health hospitals in Victoria, Australia, circa 1940.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Office of Psychiatric Services
|Dimensions:||19.60 cm (Height), 2.40 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||hospitals, psychiatric services|
|Themes this item is part of:||Psychiatric Institutions of the Past, Psychiatric Services Collection, Medicine in Society Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MEDICINE & HEALTH|
|Secondary Classification:||Mental Health - Institutional Life|
|Tertiary Classification:||food & drink consumption|
|Inscriptions:||Engraved: "VICT. GOVT/B F & S A L."|
|Date Used:||Victoria, Australia, circa 1940|
|References:||card with exhibit|