Sign - Measurements of Ladies & Gents Coats, Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, circa 1950s Reg. No: SH 890054
- Sign setting out measurements of ladies' and gents' coats, used in the factory of Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Square piece of cardboard with measurements of ladies and gents coats.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||18.50 cm (Width), 21.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||glovemaking, leatherworking, trades|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||reference materials|
|Inscriptions:||Text: MEASUREMENT OF LADIES COATS...|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1950s|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory