Handbag - Black Suede, Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, circa 1930s Reg. No: SH 891021
- Ladies' black suede handbag with metal frame and short chain handle.
Made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, circa 1930s.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Very dark green lining, two pockets in sides, one containing bevelled edged mirror, other black coin purse.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||25.00 cm (Height), 6.00 cm (Width), 25.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||leather products, leatherworking, trades, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||sample products|
|Inscriptions:||Simpson's tag attached to handle: "(logo) / Sample NO 7399 / Frame No.... / Decription Black Suedette / Price MU/-", on reverse "450".|
|Manufacturer:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, Victoria, Australia, circa 1930s|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory