Handbag - Sand Patent Leather, Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, circa 1970-1975 Reg. No: SH 890127
- Sand patent leather ladies' handbag, made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, circa 1970-1975.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Ladies' sand coloured patent leather handbag with two handles and gold clasp. Beige poplin lining.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||32.00 cm (Height), 18.00 cm (Width), 28.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||glovemaking, leatherworking, trades|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||sample products|
|Inscriptions:||Label inside reads "Made by Simpson's Gloves P/L / (logo) / Victoria / Top grain hide." Label attached to handle reads "Hide 7.50 / Gazelda 1190", reverse reads "9396 / Pat Bisct / 2920".|
|Manufacturer:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, 1970-1975|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory