Search the collections
Ensemble - Prue Acton, `Stained Glass', Melbourne Cup, 1985 Reg. No: SH 942116
- This outfit was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1985. It was worn by the donor to the 1985 Melbourne Cup. The theme was based on colour, inspired by stained-glass windows.
Prue Acton's Melbourne Cup clothing was specially designed for her to draw attention to Australian designers and in particular her forthcoming winter range.
- This is a three piece outfit in blue suede, consisting of a jacket, skirt and blouse:
(1) Blue suede jacket with geometric shaped coloured pieces in yellow, orange, purple, green, dark blue on shoulders and collar. Fastened at waist with one covered button. Lined with yellow silk.
(2) Blue suede straight skirt, high waisted and fastening at side. Lined with blue silk.
(3) Yellow silk sleeveless blouse with mandarin collar and back opening.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimension Comment:||Lengths: .1 - 97 cm; .2 - 66 cm; .3 - 63 cm|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, horse racing, melbourne cup racing carnival, women s clothing, making history - prue acton|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Labels on jacket: 28/ 11/ 52/ 7
Labels on skirt: 2/ 11/ 52/ 7
Labels on blouse: 28/ 11/ 7/ 37
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1985|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1985|
|User:||Prue Acton, Flemington, Victoria, Australia, 1985|