Search the collections
Ensemble - Prue Acton, `Minerals', Melbourne Cup, 1982 Reg. No: SH 942100
- This outfit was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1982. It was worn by the donor to the 1982 Melbourne Cup. It was worn with accessories in the Museum's collection (SH 942101, SH 942101 and SH 942103.) It was based on themes of 'The Earth' and 'Minerals', also on versatility of the modern woman, as the arms are detachable to allow for the capricious weather.
Prue Acton's Melbourne Cup clothing was specially designed for her to draw attention to Australian designers and in particular her forthcoming winter range.
- This three piece ensemble consists of a jacket, skirt and blouse:
(1) Beige pigskin suede jacket with detachable sleeves decorated with crescent shaped pieces of oxidised nickel silver. Sash belt is missing.
(2) Beige pigskin suede A-line skirt with apron front.
(3) Beige fishnet cotton, long sleeves collarless blouse decorated with crescent shaped pieces of oxidised nickel silver.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimension Comment:||Lengths: Jacket 75 cm; Skirt 65 cms; Blouse 94 cm (shoulder to sleeve cuff)|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, horse racing, melbourne cup racing carnival, women s clothing, cups blouse|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Labels in skirt: 28/ 11/ 27;
Labels in blouse: BRYNJE/ MIDDELS/ MEDIUM (R)/ MADE IN NORWAY/100% cotton
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1982|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1982|
|User:||Prue Acton, Flemington, Victoria, Australia, 1982|