Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Manufacturer South Melbourne, Australia
Similar items over time
Medicine Bottle - WJ Bush & Co., Essence of Garlic, circa 1900 Reg. No: SH 850567
- Made by Bush W. J. & Co. Limited, circa 1848 - 1930. Used in Victoria, Australia, circa 1848 - 1930. Used in the pharmacy of a mental health hospital in Victoria. Garlic has expectorant, diaphoretic, disinfectant and diuretic properties.
- Small brown glass medicine bottle with a round base and short neck, with a black plastic screw-on cap and paper label. Bottle is empty.
- Statement Of Significance:
- Example of pharmaceutical products used in a Victorian mental health hospital circa 1900
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Office of Psychiatric Services, 1985
|Dimensions:||80 mm (Height), 36 mm (Diameter)|
|Tagged with:||bottles, pharmaceuticals, psychiatric hospitals|
|Themes this item is part of:||Psychiatric Services Collection, Medicine in Society Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MEDICINE & HEALTH|
|Secondary Classification:||Mental Health - Pharmacy|
|Inscriptions:||On label: PRIZE MEDALS / AWARDED TO / BUSH / ESTABLISHED 1851 / Essence of / Garlic / W J Bush & Co / (AUSTRALIA) LIMITED PROPRIETARY / 334-342 CITY ROAD, SOUTH MELBOURNE, VIC. / PRINTED IN MELBOURNE
Embossed on baseof bottle: 2 / GM / S / 1SM-144 / M
|Manufacturer:||J.W. Bush & Co. Limited, South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, circa 1900|
|Place & Date Used:||Victoria, Australia, 1848-1950|