Search the collections
This item is on display at Melbourne Museum
Bridle - Phar Lap Mount, 1932 Reg. No: SH 931198
- This bridle was originally on Phar Lap when he arrived at the Museum in 1933. It had been placed there by Jonas Bros of New York, who had prepared the mounted hide.
A visitor pointed out that it was an American-style bridle, so it was eventually removed and replaced by one acquired from his trainer Harry Telford.
- Horse's bridle, minus bit and reins, made from light brown leather with white cotton stitching. Appears new, possibly never used.
- Acquisition Information:
- Unknown from Unknown, 1993
|Dimensions:||16.00 cm (Height), 10.00 cm (Width), 50.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||animal husbandry, horse racing, museum history, recreation, racing industry, horse harnesses, making history - phar lap|
|Themes this item is part of:||Harry Telford, Race Horse Owner & Trainer (1877-1960), David Davis, Entrepreneur & Race Horse Owner, Leisure Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Phar Lap Collection|
|On Display at:||Melbourne Museum|
|Secondary Classification:||Horse Racing|
|Tertiary Classification:||horse tack|
|Place & Date Made:||United States of America, 1932|
This item is part of the following themes: