Similar items over time
Bag - Mocopan Food Processing Co, Coffee, circa 1950s-1970s Reg. No: SH 000942
- Paper Mocopan bag used by Mocopan Food Processing Company at Preston to package and brand their produce. Mocopan was established by Agostino Monici, Sergio Coperchini and Vic Panettieri in 1953. The name was an amalgamation of the surnames of the three men. Mocopan was originally composed of three sections; coffee processing and sales; the production of smallgoods, and the processing of polenta flour. The smallgoods were unsuccessful and both Coperchini and Panettieri left the company, a succession of partners followed, including Frank Dimattina. Mocopan was managed by the Dimattina's until 1995 when it was sold to a multi-national.
- Rectangular brown paper bag with a scroll printed on it containing the Mocopan logo six pointed star with southern cross in top point and extensive text.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Phil Magris, 2000
|Tagged with:||food drink consumption, food storage preservation, italian communities, italian immigration, coffee|
|Themes this item is part of:||Mocopan Pty. Ltd., Coffee & Food Processing, Preston, Victoria, Italian Historical Society CO.AS.IT. Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Food & Drinks - Coffee & Tea|
|Tertiary Classification:||product packaging|
|Inscriptions:||Printed in black: BLENDED 7 ROASTED TO PERFECTION/ Mocopan/ QUALITY/COFFEE/ 245 PLENTY RD., PRESTON, MELB. / TELEPHONE 44-5011|
|Place Made:||Australia, circa 1972|
|Place Used:||Preston, Victoria, Australia|
This item is part of the following themes: