Bag - Mocopan Food Processing Co, Coffee, 2kg, 1950s-1970s Reg. No: SH 000943
- Plastic Mocopan bag used by Mocopan Food Processing Company at Preston to package and brand their produce. Mocopan was established by Agostino Monici, Sergio Coperchini and Vic Panettieri in 1953. The name was an amalgamation of the surnames of the three men. Mocopan was originally composed of three sections; coffee processing and sales; the production of smallgoods (salame and mortadella), and the processing of polenta flour. The smallgoods were unsuccessful and both Coperchini and Panettieri left the company, a succession of partners followed, including Frank Dimattina in 1954, who bought out Monici in 1957. Mocopan was managed by the Dimattinas until 1998 when it was sold to a multi-national.
- Rectangular white plastic bag, with some brown lines and extensive text all in red.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Phil Magris, 2000
|Tagged with:||food drink consumption, food storage preservation, italian communities, italian immigration, coffee|
|Themes this item is part of:||Mocopan Food Processing, Italian Historical Society CO.AS.IT. Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Migration Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Food & Drinks - Coffee & Tea|
|Tertiary Classification:||product packaging|
|Inscriptions:||Front: Mocopan/QUALITY/COFFEE/BLENDED COFFEES/FROM/SELECTED PLANTATIONS/BLENDS AVAILABLE/MOKALUX, GUATEMALA, BLUE MOUNTAIN,/MOKA, CONTINENTAL, DARK ROAST, ROYAL,/KENYA, NEW GUINEA, BRAZILIAN, SELECTED./2 kg Net/ E 2160|
|Manufactured For:||Mocopan Coffee, Australia, 1950s-1970s|
|User:||Mocopan Coffee, Preston, Victoria, Australia, 1950s-1970s|