Label - Mocopan, Coffee Special Blend, 1950s-1970s Reg. No: SH 000957
- Label Mocopan coffee used by Mocopan Food Processing Company at Preston to brand their produce. Mocopan was established by Agostino Monici, Sergio Coperchini and Vic Panettieri in 1953. The name was an amalgamation of the surnames of the three men. Mocopan was originally composed of three sections; coffee processing and sales; the production of smallgoods, and the processing of polenta flour. The smallgoods were unsuccessful and both Coperchini and Panettieri left the company, a succession of partners followed, including Frank Dimattina. Mocopan was managed by the Dimattina's until 1995 when it was sold to a multi-national.
- Rectangular paper label, hot pink with black text.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Phil Magris, 2000
|Tagged with:||food drink consumption, food storage preservation, italian communities, italian immigration, coffee|
|Themes this item is part of:||Mocopan Pty. Ltd., Coffee & Food Processing, Preston, Victoria, Italian Historical Society CO.AS.IT. Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Food & Drinks - Coffee & Tea|
|Tertiary Classification:||product packaging|
|Inscriptions:||Mocopan/COFFEE (in black on hot pink)/SPECIAL BLEND (in hot pink on black)|
|Manufactured For:||Mocopan Coffee, Australia, 1950s-1970s|
|User:||Mocopan Coffee, Preston, Victoria, Australia, 1950s-1970s|
This item is part of the following themes: