Paper Bag - Mocopan, Selected Blend Coffee, 1950s-1970s Reg. No: SH 000964
- Paper Mocopan bag used by Mocopan Food Processing Company at Preston to package and brand their produce. Mocopan was established by Agostino Monici, Sergio Coperchini and Vic Panettieri in 1953. The name was an amalgamation of the surnames of the three men. Mocopan was originally composed of three sections; coffee processing and sales; the production of smallgoods (salame and mortadella), and the processing of polenta flour. The smallgoods were unsuccessful and both Coperchini and Panettieri left the company, a succession of partners followed, including Frank Dimattina in 1954, who bought out Monici in 1957. Mocopan was managed by the Dimattina's until 1998 when it was sold to a multi-national.
- Orange and White rectangular paper bag, that closes at the top with a piece of paper stiffened with wire that folds over and around the top of the bag. On one side of the bag is a drawing of a man in a suite, smelling the aroma of coffee and smiling on the other side is a drawing of a woman also smelling the aroma of coffee and smiling.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Phil Magris, 2000
|Tagged with:||food drink consumption, food storage preservation, italian communities, italian immigration, coffee|
|Themes this item is part of:||Mocopan Food Processing, Italian Historical Society CO.AS.IT. Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Food & Drinks - Coffee & Tea|
|Tertiary Classification:||product packaging|
|Inscriptions:||On both sides of bag: m.m.m!!!!!/COFFEE(in white)/by Mocopan/SELECTED BLEND/200 g NET/E2160 (in black)
On folded sides of bag are extensive directions for making coffee on one side and the reasons why Mocopan is good coffee on the other.
|Manufactured For:||Mocopan Coffee, Australia, 1950s-1970s|
|User:||Mocopan Coffee, Preston, Victoria, Australia, 1950s-1970s|