Bag - Mocopan Food Processing Co, Flour, 25 lbs, 1950s-1970s Reg. No: SH 000940
- Textile Mocopan bag used by Mocopan Food Processing Company at Preston to package and brand their produce. Mocopan was established by Agostino Monici, Sergio Coperchini and Vic Panettieri in 1953. The name was an amalgamation of the surnames of the three men. Mocopan was originally composed of three sections; coffee processing and sales; the production of smallgoods, and the processing of polenta flour. The smallgoods were unsuccessful and both Coperchini and Panettieri left the company, a succession of partners followed, including Frank Dimattina. Mocopan was managed by the Dimattina's until 1995 when it was sold to a multi-national.
- Rectangular Calico bag. On the front is the Mocopan logo, a green six pointed star with southern cross in top point, there are two sheaves of corn on either side of the logo and extensive text underneath.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Phil Magris, 2000
|Tagged with:||agriculture, food drink consumption, food storage preservation, italian communities, italian immigration|
|Themes this item is part of:||Mocopan Pty. Ltd., Coffee & Food Processing, Preston, Victoria, Italian Historical Society CO.AS.IT. Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Food & Drinks - Coffee & Tea|
|Tertiary Classification:||product packaging|
|Inscriptions:||On front: 25 Lbs (printed in green)/Mocopan /FOOD PROCESSING/CO. PTY. LTD./ FARINA BIANCA/ DI GRANOTURCO (printed in red)/257 PLENTY ROAD, PRESTON, N,18/PHONE: 445011 (printed in green)|
|Manufactured For:||Mocopan Coffee, Australia, 1950s-1970s|
|User:||Mocopan Coffee, Preston, Victoria, Australia, 1950s-1970s|
This item is part of the following themes: