Sign - 'Wanted Girls to Learn', Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, circa 1950s Reg. No: SH 890771
- Sign, 'Wanted Girls to Learn', Simpson's Gloves Factory, Richmond, Victoria, circa 1950s.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Sheet of metal, painted black on one side, white lettering. Length of wire threaded through two holes at top for hanging up. Two half circles cut out of sides, edged with white.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||26.50 cm (Height), 36.50 cm (Length)|
|Themes this item is part of:||Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Inscriptions:||Text: WANTED/GIRLS/TO LEARN.|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1950s|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory