Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Richmond, Australia
Photographs - Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Collingwood, circa 1928 Reg. No: SH 940706
- Set of four black and white photographs in a wooden frame. The images depict the exterior and interior of the factory and showrooms of Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Collingwood, circa 1928. This would have been just before the company relocated to Richmond that year.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Fine profile, wooden frame in dark brown stain finish and glass.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1994
|Dimensions:||39.50 cm (Height), 51.00 cm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||trades, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Collingwood, Victoria, Australia, circa 1928|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)