Similar items over time
Notice Board - Sick Leave, Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, 1956 Reg. No: SH 890811
- Wooden framed notice board with three notices relating to sick leave, Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, circa 1956.
1. "Sick Leave / Revised regulation in accordance with 1956 / Saddlery, leather and canvas workers Federal Award".
2. "In case of sickness" - note re notification of sickness to Simpson's.
3. "Sick Pay" - details of sick pay application if ill without medical certificate.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Wooden framed notice board with glass cover, 7cms wide frame. Hole in top centre for hanging.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||43.50 cm (Height), 45.70 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||glovemaking, leatherworking, trades, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, 1956|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory