Search the collections
Similar items over time
Foot Warmer - Hecla Electrics Pty Ltd, circa 1960 Reg. No: SH 890916
- Hecla electric foorwarmer, iron frame with metal embossing, circa 1960.
Used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond in the office in the 1960s. Purchased by Mr. Arthur Atkins.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Adjustable metal sheet attached to underneath, used to tip footwarmer forward. Black/white flex with plastic electric plug.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||29.00 cm (Height), 32.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||footwarmers, glovemaking, heating, leatherworking, trades, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Hecla Electrics Pty Ltd, Electrical Appliance Manufacturers, Melbourne, Victoria, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Manufacturer:||Hecla Electrics Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, circa 1960|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, Victoria, Australia, 1960s-1980|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Hecla Electrics Pty Ltd, Electrical Appliance Manufacturers, Melbourne, Victoria
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory