Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Organisation Depicted Richmond, Australia
Framed Photograph - Employees of Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Victoria, 1932 Reg. No: SH 940704
- Wooden frame containing a group photograph of the managers and employees of Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Christmas 1932.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Thin profile, wooden frame, with 'teak' stain finish and glass.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1994
|Dimensions:||48.00 cm (Height), 1.50 cm (Width), 52.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||trades, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Original Caption:||The Employees of Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Christmas 1932|
|Inscriptions:||On Image: 'The Employees of Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Christmas 1932'|
|Organisation Depicted:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, 1932|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Victoria, Australia, Dec 1932|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory