Press - Leather, Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, 1920s Reg. No: SH 891042
- Small press with turning handle at top. Used for pressing designs into leather and operated manually at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond from the 1920s.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||76.00 cm (Width), 59.00 cm (Length)|
|Dimension Comment:||Measured in situ, may not be absolutely accurate|
|Themes this item is part of:||Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, 1924-1988|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory