Shelving - Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1939 Reg. No: SH 921105
- Shop shelving used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, and probably made in 1939.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.olly Shop, 314 Rathdowne Street, North Carlton, which was opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen from 1939-1975.
- Wooden shelving unit with mirror in centre section. Painted bright sky blue. Unit has been dismantled for storage. .1: Wooden centre unit, large mirror in centre with two small wooden shelves on each side. Decorative scroll work on each side above shelves. .2: Wooden shelving unit, two shelves, simple scroll decoration along top edge. .3: Wooden shelving unit, two shelves, simple scroll decoration along top edge. .4: Simple length of shelving, metal cigarette advertisement nailed to front edge. .5: Simple length of shelving, metal cigarette advertisement nailed to front edge. .6: Length of metal cigarette advertisement with paper insert. Ground colour red and white, text in white.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||145.00 cm (Height), 21.00 cm (Width), 179.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||furniture, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Tertiary Classification:||display fittings|
|Inscriptions:||Printed white ink: CRAVEN FILTER. [repeated].|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, 1939-1975|